❝ Welcome to Linnhearts' Story❞
Home Facebook Twitter Instagram Events Reviews
New York Skin + Marche + Candlelight posted at 6:24 PM

New York Skin Solutions? I don't like you.

My mom actually saw them at a road show and thought "why not try out their facials since it's advertised on the TV?" So she bought my sis and i some promotional facial try outs.

So my sis and i went to Vivo City's branch, feeling happy that we're trying out their services. After all, it's advertised so much on TV, with so many people saying that it helped their skin etc etc.

But boy, weren't we disappointed!

Okay, here how it goes as with a lot of other facial outlets.

They bring you to a room and then do some skin scanning and then tell you how your skin is bad etc etc. They look at your occupation to gauge your 'budget' and then suggest the most expensive package they think you can afford. (i know this because when i was sitting at the lobby, i heard them 'whispering' like how i was a 18 year old student and didn't wanted to do my facial (-.-)) Anyway, if you tell them 'no', they'll go to lower package or try to give you free stuff along with the package to try to let you feel better. (After all, Singaporeans LOVE discounts!) After much pressurizing, some may actually sign the package while some may not. I'm the latter.

So the person talking to me gave me a dirty look and walked out of the room. Of course her tone is still professional and all but she made me feel like i did the worst thing ever. she didn't even say like "okay, please wait for a while." or like "please follow me". She just left me there in the room alone!! I felt quite awkard in the room so i walked out to sit at the lobby. After awhile then she came to attend to me and bring me to some room.

Normally, those that i go to (for basic facial), will have cleansing, extraction, mask and sometimes some massage. Since the ticket that my mom bought was like a basic facial there, i expected that it would be like all the basic facials I've done at other brands. BUT NO!

They had some simple cleansing BUT NO EXTRACTION!! i mean like come on lah! NO EXTRACTION?! then my face still got pimples or blackhead then you want to put mask on me?! Wont it render it useless?

Anyway, i don't know why i don't have extraction but i didn't voice out anything since i didn't go to New York skin solution before. I thought maybe they followed some other procedure there. Later, they just put some mask on me then it's finished. -.-

Thank goodness i didn't buy your basic facial package that you wanted to sell to me then! If not, i would be super disappointed in what I've bought. i rather go to other brands that i went before and buy from them.

Later i asked my sis on how it went. She also said it didn't meet her expectations at all. She had extraction but it didn't went for long - like less than a minute. (normally it takes more than that!). After that, she called mom and told her not to go to New York anymore since it's services weren't good.

Side Story: My sis told me that when she was doing her facial, she could hear the conversation in another room. It was the (probably a very rich) customer was asking about their Christmas promotion which was something like $6888 package or something. Then the person giving her facial said what her skin is bad in this area and that area then asked her sign on a package of $10,000! ($.$) Which in the end the customer agreed!!

I'm starting to think that they only have good services to people who buy their super expensive packages.


Marche

After that, my sister's boyfriend came and treated us to MARCHE!!

YAY! take away all the unhappiness!


Rosti! Super Great!


Yay-ness for dorky-ness.


Gigantic Xmas tree outside Marche.


Candlelight Service

Samantha went with me to my church's candlelight service! The whole hall was so beautiful (;


Using new contacts (Geo Lens)! Even without makeup on the bus, my face still looks okay!

Get Authentic Geo lens @ Inspire Runway


With make up. Love my new iTouch 4! It's able to take pictures even when i'm walking.


With Samantha on the train.


Candles.Candles.Candles!


Excited for the Caroling~


Pretty hall!

-------------------------------------------------------


BTW, just came back from my holiday~ will blog about that soon. (;

Get Authentic Geo lens @ Inspire Runway
About the Writer

Hello! ♥ I'm Linda/Linn and I love to write on

☆ Make up
☆ Reviews
☆ Cosplay
☆ Fashion
☆ Dogs


Quick Facts:
1. I'm born in Canada, Living in Singapore Now
2. Makeup Style: Korean
3. Fashion: Japan/Korean/US
4. Fav. Singer: Demi Lovato
5. Most Active on Instagram

P.S: I'm *quite* Narcissistic (as you can probably tell)!
Contact Me

For product reviews, event invites, advertorials, sponsorships, giveaways or even *wink* love letters (haha), please email me at

linnhearts@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you (:
Instagram
Memory Lane



Credits
Layout and header image by mymostloved with base image, brushes and background.